Monday, July 21, 2014

Sewvivor - Orangeemily

Whelp, I found out about Sew-vivor last night and just couldn't let the idea go. So, 
here is mybrand spanking new Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass mini quilt. 






I drew up the paper piece stained glass on some parchment paper after looking at pictures of Frank Lloyd Wright windows. I had to scrap one but did find out you can erase both pen and pencil from parchment. Oh, and noticed there was ink was all over my arms when I was brushing my teeth last night. 

Didn't have time to do anything too ornate but I found the perfect window here. And tried to imitate some of the detail. 

I also found a stained glass quiltilng tutorial on pinterest. The link is right here if you want to check it out. That woman is a genius for figuring out a stained glass effect on a quilt by zig zagging over yarn!

The final dimensions are 23"x16" with a tiny 1/4" binding. I'm so happy with how it turned out!! Thanks for checking out my Sew-vivor audition.

-emily

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright's windows and love how you've showcased them here! Wonderful! Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete